There will be a community wide meeting on Thursday May 12 at 7:00 pm in the Lobby of the Hilson Public School to review the current status of the upcoming OMB appeal for the Soeur de la Visitation Convent site development. While the meeting will provide the community with an update on the status of the OMB appeal and the OMB negotiations, the main purpose of the meeting is to organize the community regarding these upcoming OMB activities. The negotiations and mediation with Ashcroft and the City are expected to proceed over the next few weeks. A date of July 18 has been set for the actual OMB appeal. If all three appelants (Hampton Iona Community Group, Westboro Community Association and Sylvano Carrasco) can reach a successful negotiated outcome with Ashcroft and the City, we will not have to proceed to the actual OMB appeal.
The purpose of the meeting on May 12 is the following:
1) To provide an update to the community of current activities.
2) To discuss fundraising requirements and to establish a fundraising committee.
3) To identify those in the community who can provide expert assistance and testimony and to review documents submitted by the City and Ashcroft. This includes architects, traffic engineers, planners and landscape designers and anyone with municipal law or tribunal experience.
4) To identify those in the community who can assist in the preparation of the OMB case.
5) To establish timelines for all of the above.
This meeting is open to anyone in the community who wants to find out more and/or wants to help.
For more information: http://hamptoniona.wordpress.com/